Who are Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists?
Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists (EBYA) is a performance training company for 16-30 year olds based at The Lighthouse in Poole. We meet weekly, training in theatre, dance, aerial circus and music.
EBYA is all about different people from different backgrounds coming together to create and devise their own work and make shows. There are performance opportunities, as well as coaching, mentoring and training with professional artists from the UK and around the world.
We are an ambitious group and we create adventurous work that challenges the barriers many young people face.
- We travelled to Plymouth for a 3-day masterclass with Theatre Royal Plymouth
- We supported a member of EBYA to create his own 40 minute film, shown to audiences in Bournemouth
- We attended a week residency in Italy with over 120 young artists from 9 different countries
- We performed at Funky Llama Festival in Plymouth, Roundabout Festival in Poole and Circus City international festival in Bristol.
- One of our EBYA alumni was awarded Arts Council England funding to develop his own performance project.
- We hosted a week residency at Lighthouse Poole for 30 young people. We developed EBYA’s latest show Becoming and performed a sold out premiere of the show
- We raised over £5,000 through Crowdfunder to take Becoming on tour.
- One EBYA member has been offered an unconditional offer at the UK’s top Circus School
Our past performances
EBYA have previously performed in Exeter, Unlimited Festival in London, Inside Out Festival in Dorset, and Doing Things Differently in Bristol, as well as performances at Theatre Royal Plymouth and the National Centre for Circus Arts. The company have also travelled for international projects in Bosnia and Portugal with The Complete Freedom of Truth.
Contact Eilís, EBYA Artistic Director: email@example.com